sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

First update 2/27

Hey all, I’m safe and sound in Zarabanda, Honduras, just outside of Valle de Angeles about 40 min outside of Teguz (Tegucigalpa). So far it’s been a whirlwind ride, training from 7:30-4:30 mon- fri and 3 hours on Saturdays too. Lots of safety, regulations, health language and team building classes, but the people on the team are all pretty cool, there are 54 of us I think and the Peace Corps staff is really nice too. We are living with host families here, mine is on the wealthier side of things, my parents are 81 and 63 years old and have children in their 30s that frequent the house. It’s really pretty down here, a lot more green than I was expecting and a lot more pine trees too. My family has a cat, dog, and two parrots, the first night the cat slept in my room and I woke up at 2AM to find it playing with a scorpion…fun surprise! My 81 year old dad killed it for me the next day and everything went back to normal. I’m writing this sat. night and hopefully this will get posted on Sunday when I should be in Valle de Angeles where there is internet. So far I’m still not too sure exactly what I’ll be doing down here, I’ll get more health training in La Paz in 3 weeks where I’ll be for 7 weeks at ‘field based training’. hope everything at home is going good for people, feel free to shoot me an email and keep me updated.
-stu

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario