miércoles, 14 de abril de 2010

La Tormenta

So as I was writing about the orphanage I was very rudely interrupted by a gigantic rain, wind, thunder and lightning storm. It started to rain about 8:00 and by 8:10 it was a full scale torment. It is still pouring rain about 45 min later but i think the worst is over...hopefully. This is arguably the hardest I've ever seen or experienced rain in my life, but being from Seattle I'm loving it while my family is freaking out. The rain is so hard it is nearly impossible to talk, i even resorted to yelling in English just for fun because nobody could hear or understand me, the fact that we have tin roofs that act like kettle drums probably don't help the sound and there are many holes where the rain is coming in, but at least it keeps the majority out. I have also noticed another key difference between the American and Honduran lifestyle, as they ran for cover I did what seemed natural to me, i kicked off my shoes, tossed my phone and wallet in my room and ran through the rain, being soaked to the bone within 5 seconds, my family looked at me like i was crazy, but i had a great time none the less. Also, I'm not really sure what happened, but the US Army seemed to have the same mentality as me because there was at least one helicopter that was flying very low over my house for a while, who knows what they were doing, but word on the calle is that there are some houses in Yarumela that profit from illegal activities, maybe it had something to do with that...who knows. anyway, I'm going to get back the writing about the orphanage and listening to my music with headphones just to try to lessen the bulla from all the lluvia.

4 comentarios:

  1. I sent you an e-mail at your UW address. Make sure to read it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Bulla..... lluvia....? Yeah... I took French... didn't do so well in that either. Good job writing! I'm so happy you found Lobo. Cool ocean breezes today and 62. So nice to be in Seattle... you are missed.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This reminds me of the shower we took in Merida, when the streets were flooding. That was awesome.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. And apparently my name for blogspot is still team yucatan... imagine that.

    ResponderEliminar