sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

Lobo, the love of my life 4/3

So Honduras has been full of surprises, especially after coming to Yarumela, mostly all for the good, I just never feel like I know what’s going to happen, why it’s happening, or who I’m talking to and how they are related to me. One example happened last night, after having a fun and full day of adventures I found myself at my house with half the neighborhood kids running around like usual, but at around 8:30 my host dad asked if I was going to help paint the house, not wanting to be rude I said ‘claro’. for the next 3 ½ hours my dad, me, and one of my ‘primas’ (I think) painted the outside of our house while bumping latin music for the whole town to hear. As if yesterday wasn’t random enough, today i got home from classes to find another 20 people at my house, we ended up having an impromptu family dinner party capped off by another painting party at 10:30 PM. Although some of these things catch me off guard, the biggest change to my life here has been that I found the love of my life… in the shape of a 2 month old ‘siberiano’ (husky) puppy named Lobo. When I got here I didn’t even know he existed for the first 2 days because my family didn’t pay him any attention and he is in a small cage behind the house. I have taken it upon myself to love this little puppy as much as I can, a concept foreign to most Hondurans. He is a tinny little guy, pretty skinny and has fleas, but I am absolutely head over heals in love with him. So far I daily clean his cage, give him water, and sneak him my extra food from meals, I also made him a makeshift dog house, donated my only comb to him to keep him clean, and last weekend I gave him a bath. I’m pretty sure my family thinks I’m a little crazy for caring for this dog so much, but they are starting to see that he is really only happy when I’m around him, nobody else gets this much of a reaction, there have even been hints from people talking about how Lobo has ‘a new owner’, although I’m not really sure what to make of these comments if there is any way that I could keep this dog I’d do anything. Although I know the odds are slim that they will ‘regalarme’ him, I keep hoping and keep making hints in hope that they come to realize how much I love him. I’ll keep yall updated and hopefully post some pics of him because right now he’s the highlight of every day for me, oh ‘mi amor’….

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Stu,
    "Su amor" sounds like a real sweetheart & how lucky for him that you love him so much. I hope you can bring Lobo home so he can become an American citizen and live here w/you.

    ResponderEliminar