sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

Yarumela For FBT 3/24

3/24 I have now been in Honduras for a month, it’s crazy how fast it is going already. I am now living in Yarumela, a little town outside of La Paz, where we have the majority of our training sessions. Yarumela is really small, all dirt roads and not much going on, but my family is really nice. When I got here they made me a welcome sign and have been very welcoming. There is the mom and dad, Carmen and Misael, who are in their mid 30’s, two kids, Litzy who is 9 and Misael who is 1.5. They also have a employee who takes care of the kids and does most of the cooking and her 7 year old daughter. I’m excited for semana santa because we are going to go to the river, maybe fish a little, swim, play soccer and I’m going to teach them how to cook burgers and omelets as they teach me to cook Honduran food. Today I made the discovery that we have two dogs here too, that might give you a clue to how much attention they get here…. I found Lobo, who is what appears to be a husky puppy, 2months old, today; he is tiny and pretty dirty and has fleas but I think I’m going to try to give him a bath and start taking care of him. Today I snuck him some of my liver that we had for lunch and gave it to him. It’s going to break my heart to leave him so I might see if I can steal him… not really, but maybe. Other than the home life we have a lot of classes, from 7:30 - 5:00 now, but today we got to learn how to do some healthy cooking, learning about nutrients, breast feeding, and vitamins. Spanish classes have also gotten harder, we are now doing ‘charlas’ or discussions/presentatoins, today it was a sex-ed talk in class but tomorrow we have to give a charla on different learning styles to a group of workers in la institucion de salud, it should be fun, but a little stressful, it’s supposed to be up to two hours long, all in Spanish, without very much preparation. That’s pretty much all for now, my fingers hurt a little from flipping tortiallas, but it’s all good. I haven’t been on the internet in 3 ½ weeks, hyopefully I’ll actually get to post these some time soon…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario