sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

Fiesta de Baile 4/3?

La fiesta de balie (the dance party)
So last weekend a couple of us went to the town dance, but didn’t end up dancing, partially because we had to leave early but also because we didn’t know how to dance Honcuran style. My host dad had a good time making fun of our lack of dancing skills so I challenged him to teach us how to. After some planning we decided that Wednesday night would be good because we didn’t have class on Thursday. Tuesday night after another late night painting party (my family, relatives, and I have been painting the house, usually starting at 9 pm and going till 1 AM… don’t ask why) my two host cousins (who can dance like crazy) gave me a couple of dance lessons, a quick intro to Punta, Salsa, Meringue, Bachata, and Reggeton. I learned a little, but not much, but they had fun with it. Last night everything came together and we had the dance party at my house. It started a little slow, like everything in Honduras we didn’t get going till about an hour later then planned, but finally people started to show up and my dad started bumping the music. We ended up dancing every type of Honduran dance possible, or at least the girls did, the guys mostly clung to the walls. It ended up being really fun, about a dozen gringos and probably that many Hondurans dancing the night away, muy cheque.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Stu,
    Congratulations on learning all those dances. Will we be seeing you on "Dancing w/the Stars" when you return home? Em gave me your blog address. I'm very proud of you to be learning so much in Honduras. Take care, Kako

    ResponderEliminar