sábado, 1 de mayo de 2010

Club de Ejercicio STU


So some Hondurans are more conservative, reserved, and or hesitant to changing their behaviors, it's just a cultural thing nothing wrong with that. My family in Yarumela hasn't really had that problem too much; they are very receptive to new things, food, hygiene, music, and other new ideas. One of the funniest things that they have started to come around to is exercise. I love my family here, but they aren't necessarily the epitome of healthy eating or good physical physique, but we have been doing things to change/modify this. I've tried, with little to no success to get them to fry fewer things, drink more water and less Coke, and eat more fruit, some of these things have had more success than others, but one thing that my family has responded well to is surprisingly exercise. I have gotten them to join me on a couple of runs and workout activities, and they actually seem to enjoy it, or at least they come back for more. Although it can sometimes be detrimental to my own workout schedule, instead of doing my normal 40 minute run it turns into a 10 min slow run followed by an hour and a half of walking and resting, but is very entertaining. my entire family has even started to try to do some push ups and situps, even my 1 1/2 year old brother. Usually I am able to get my cousin, my 11 year old sister and my dad to come with me, every time at least one of them has thrown up, but they always keep going and having fun. this was one of the things I thought I'd never get my family to do, but it's ended up being really fun and who knows, maybe it'll make a difference for them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario