lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011

Mi casa es mi casa



So finally after 9 months of living with a host family (I really did enjoyed it) and searching for a place to live I found a house! It is plenty big for just me, I have a kitchen/living room, a bathroom, two bedrooms and a backyard, all this and I only pay $100 a month for rent, not too shabby. I took a trip with my host family to San Pedro to buy a fridge, electric stove, table, bed, fan, and dresser (it took 12 hours because of a car accident (not us though)). I’ve now been in my house for a little over two weeks and it is almost all set up the way I want it. It’s definitely a big switch having to do all my cooking and cleaning of an entire house by myself but it’s been a lot of fun, I’ve already used an entire roll of duct tape doing repairs, building makeshift shelves and whatnot. I have been surprisingly not lonely because whenever I walk by my old host family’s house, which is a lot because I only live ½ block away, they always invite me in for coffee or try to feed me because they don’t believe that a young man could possibly be able to cook for himself, it’s great having them be so welcoming and supportive of me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario