martes, 20 de julio de 2010

Yarumela


This last weekend was great, the two month travel restriction where we had to stay in site had just expired, perfect timing for my host-mom’s birthday in Yarumela. After working real hard with the military school a weekend with the closest thing I have to family was a perfect break. After 6 hours on buses I finally arrived in Yarumela, where I had spent 2 months earlier, it was weird being there without the other volunteers, but not much had changed other than that. My parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, everyone was still there. A lot of people from the town still remembered who I was too and the high school girls still yelled ‘estuart my love’… good to be back home? Although we didn’t do much, lots of eating and one adventurous trip to the river, it was a perfect break to rest and see familiar faces, now it’s back to my new home San Marcos and back to work.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario